Now that you’ve created your page and promoted your work, it’s time to entertain your audience! Here are a few easy ways to engage your followers:
1. Go hyper-local
- Create content that specifically targets the geographic area you’re from. People like to be able to relate to the musicians they follow because it makes the musicians feel more like normal, grounded people.
- You can do this by writing songs that relate to your hometown, making videos in your favorite hometown locations, or simply talking about your favorite parts of your hometown.
- And this tip doesn’t just apply to hometowns! If you’re traveling to a new city produce content about that city and tag the city to generate more viewership! People who don’t even follow you may end up seeing your video because you tagged their city.
2. It’s not about your song, it’s about a musical moment
- People on TikTok want lyrics that hit them hard. They want a hook they can play over and over and not be sick of. So, think about a musical moment in your song that people can connect to. Maybe it’s the intro, the chorus, or the bridge of the song. Whatever it is, find it and start creating videos to that hook.
- For example, singer Olivia Rodrigo just released her new album, Guts. Her songs are going viral on TikTok because people love the hooks from her songs:
3. It’s not about you, it’s about them
- It’s easy to simply post what you like and what you think is good. But it’s important to remember to cater to your audience’s interests. If you notice a video of yours that does super well, keep making those kinds of videos because that’s clearly what your followers enjoy.
4. Get them to watch it all…and then watch it again
- Keep your audience on their toes by giving them a sense of intrigue or suspense during your videos. Encourage them to keep listening to you. This could be in the form of a story time, a funny stunt, or a transition video.
- Also, encourage your followers to watch the video again by adding a loop transition to the end of your video like this creator did:
5. Invite conversation
- In your videos, invite your followers to comment on your page! You can do this by posing a question or asking for their opinions on a new song or video.
- Oh, and don’t leave them hanging! Comment back to as many comments as possible, this will make your followers feel appreciated. Not only that, it’ll keep the conversation going, increasing the engagement of your post.
We hope you enjoyed this blog series! Stay tuned for more resources and tools to help you be a better performer and build your brand.