EVENT! $5000 In PRIZES
"STEP AND THE CITY"
THE FIRST NATIONAL STEP COMPETITION
TOP NorthEast College Teams
COMPETE TO BECOME THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
ALICE TULLY HALL AT LINCOLN CENTER
FEBRUARY 8TH 2020
“We seek to elevate preforming art and promote community among college students.”
UpStaged Scholastic Productions, a diversified student performer platform, will host UpStaged 1: Step and the City, the National Collegiate Performing Arts (NCPA) ™ Step Championship on Saturday, February 8, 2020, at 7.30pm at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center (1941 Broadway at W. 65th St).
The winner of the 16-team bracket-style competition will walk away with the UpStaged College National Champion title, and top finalists will receive UpStaged NCPA Step All-American recognition, and a share in over $5,000 in prize money. Step, talent, and modeling agents will be in attendance to select performers for Step Afrika and Off-Broadway's Stomp, as well other talent and modeling castings.
Scheduled during the height of New York Fashion Week at the largest U.S. performing arts center, the championship line-up features top teams from Brandeis University, Emory University, Mercy College, Pace University, St. John's University, Syracuse University, Temple University, Tufts University, Williams College, and Yale University, with additional teams to be confirmed.
1ST ANNUAL UpStagedU STEP DANCE Competition!
After an exhaustive review of 150+ college step teams, our executive committee selected the top teams across the East, New England and South for the inaugural Championships!
The event will also feature:
• Talent/Step Agents – Performers identified at the event will be scouted for professional performance opportunities including TV/Commercial and more!
• Included a Red Carpet VIP Fashion Week After-Party – Entertainment, food, drink and team/family/alum photo ops and more!
• Filmed and/or Streamed – Broadcast decision pending, but filming will include competitor backstories and team highlights!
• Anti-Bullying Community Event – In Conjunction with an Anti-Bullying National Organization
• Extensive Marketing – National/regional print, social media, Alum and competitor hometown marketing